Monday 11 November 2013

Simpson and his Donkey

The moving story of Simpson bringing wounded soldiers to safety with his donkey at Gallipoli is told to every school child in Australia. He is one of the original Anzacs, a seminal group in terms of how Australians view themselves today. This statue stands in the grounds of the Australian War Memorial in Canberra. If you want to read more about him, the AWM has a page on him here.
****************************************************
Loire Valley Nature: Photos added to the Buff/White-tailed Bumble Bee Bombus terrestris/lucorum entry. Photo added to the Common Carder Bumble Bee B. pascuorum entry.

A new entry has been added for the Broad-bordered Bee Hawk Moth Hemaris fuciformis.

2 comments:

Aussie in France said...

Well, I guess I missed out. I have NEVER hear of this story, at school or at home.

Susan said...

Fraussie: I am absolutely flabbergasted! Seriously, I am astounded you don't know this story!!

Post a Comment